Road trips require a good take-a-long snack and everyone loves chocolate chip cookies, right? They are delicious, chewy and oh-so-good straight out of the oven. My kids ask often if we can bake up a batch, and I rarely oblige their request.
Why? Not because I don’t want to, but I’m not keen on them shoveling unhealthy, sugar-loaded treats in their face.
But, what if there was a chocolate chip cookie recipe that was packed with protein, low-sugar, and still delicious? Well, now we’re talkin’ …
Oh, and what if they were gluten-free, as well? Now, we’ve got a recipe worth keeping and making and remaking.
Chocolate Chip (Garbanzo Bean) Cookies
- 1¼ cup canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- rounded ½ cup of peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice. I love these with almond butter!)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Stir or pulse in chocolate chips until well mixed.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Let cool and enjoy.